Wednesday 18 February 2015

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

My last post was on 13 December. Normally, I let people know when I am going to stop blogging for a while, but this time I didn't. That wasn't intentional, it just worked out that way. It was gratifying when some of my readers (yes, there are some, you will be pleased to know) asked me what had happened, as if I were ill or had had some other misfortune. However, the short answer to the reason why was that I have been very busy these past two months, what with end of term, Christmas in our new kitchen, New Year in Scotland, and then preparing for, and having, a visit from our Chinese exchange school. I clocked up more than 80 extra hours in January, if proof were needed.

However, now I am back, and what better way to start than with my New Year's resolutions. Nothing particularly exciting, but they are mine, so here they are.

To play, and listen to, more music.
To get a mobile payment app for my phone, and learn how to use it.
To get a new passport.
To cut down the rest of the old apple trees in the orchard and plant new ones.
To have a summer holiday with just my wife.
To get my mother to visit me in Denmark.
To cycle with the local cycle club instead of on my own.
To paint the rest of the barn.

I am pleased to say that I have already knocked off one of them, namely getting a new passport (more on that in a future post). Only seven to go.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment