Friday 1 November 2013

MOVEMBER

In recent years, a social movement has sprung up. In much the same way as sportsmen wear pink armbands in order to register their support for the fight against breast cancer, so in November they grow a moustache in order to register their support for the fight against prostate and testicular cancer.

One of my fellow teachers has a big, bushy beard and is keen on this. Having a full beard already, he raises money from the pupils by threatening to shave bits of it off in order to leave the most ridiculous combination (a privilege for which they pay, of course). He has also suborned all of the other male staff into either doing the same or growing a moustache during November. I have agreed.

Since I look a prat with a moustache, I too will grow a full beard, and then auction bits of it off. I started on Monday, and should be able to present something cut-able by the end of next week. Pictures promised.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment