Wednesday 1 May 2013

LEAVING HOME (7)

My younger son has been living at home since Christmas. After playing handball for the Great Britain Olympic squad and semi-professionally in Basel, he has come back to Denmark to finish his schooling. He has one year of gymnasium (sixth-form) left, and has been doing it from home as an external student.

I have enjoyed having him here to discuss sport and other matters dear to male hearts. However, living at home in a rural area is a bit dull for a 21-year old, so he is moving to Odense, where he can also get a part-time job and have more fun. He has found a nice flat close to the centre, which he will be sharing; I helped him move his things this afternoon.

So now it's just my wife and I at home. My daughter will be back later this summer for a couple of months before going off to university, but the reality is that the birds have flown the nest.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment