Wednesday 15 August 2012

LEAVING HOME (4)

Both my sons came home yesterday, for a brief visit before they leave again tomorrow for various parts of the world.

The elder one (he of the Globe 6 Adventures blog) is flying off to the United States, where he will spend the next term at the University of North Carolina. Like me, you will be able to follow his progress on the blog.

The younger one, having been part of Team GB's handball squad at the Olympics, will be taking the train to Basel to resume his handball career. He came back from London with 32 kg of new GB kit, not all of which he can use. So I have snaffled a Team GB dressing gown and a Team GB bag, which should give me inspiration before and after my cycling expeditions. All I need now are some Bradley Wiggins-type sideburns.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment