Thursday 31 March 2011

THE LOCAL CINEMA (2)

Readers of this blog will know that I am a fan of our local cinema, which I visit regularly with my daughter.

At last night's AGM of the association that runs it, I was very chuffed to be elected to the Board. The hope is that I will bring energy and enthusiasm to the cinema, so that it can survive against the evils of piracy, downloading, video rentals and general couch potato'ism. I will certainly try; but what we really need is a large dollop of cash in order to digitalise the projector, and thereby keep up with technology. All contributions gratefully received ...

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and an excellent choice. We will be able to share the experience of the Sandwich cinema. It will be useful knowledge.

    ReplyDelete